Strawberry Cook-Off Winning Recipe
Overall Champion -- Entered by: Ali Merk of Commerce, Ga.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 16 oz Vanilla candy coating or almond bark
- 8 oz Chocolate candy coating or almond bark
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries, hulls removed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 box cheesecake flavored pudding (1 or 3 oz depending on taste)
- 1/2 container whipped topping, thawed
Wash and completely dry berries. Using a sharp knife, top carve out the center (hull) of each strawberry, as deep as you can without carving out the bottom. Melt 8 oz of vanilla and chocolate in small bowls according to package. Dip berries and decorate as you choose. Allow berries to set on waxed paper and chill.
For Cheesecake: Melt 8 oz vanilla coating according to the directions on the package.
In a medium bowl, blend softened cream cheese, dry cheesecake pudding add melted vanilla until smooth. Gently mix in the whipped topping,
Add the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag (or a plastic bag with one corner snipped off) and pipe the cheesecake into each strawberry, slightly overfilling. Top with strawberry tops or mint
Chill until ready to serve. For best results, pipe strawberries with cheesecake immediately prior to serving.